Shawn Mendes is taking some time off from world tour to take care of his emotional well-being.
On Friday, the 23-year-old “Señorita” vocalist declared that he is pushing back the dates of his upcoming shows for his Wonder world tour.
“This breaks my heart to have to say this, but unfortunately I’m going to have to postpone the next three weeks of shows through Uncasville, CT until further notice,” he composed.
He added that he’s “been touring since I was 15 and to be honest it’s always been difficult to be on the road away from friends and family.”
Shawn Mendes said on the grounds that he had “a few years off” from visiting, “I felt like I was ready to dive back in, but that decision was premature and unfortunately the toll of the road and the pressure has caught up to me and Ive hit a breaking point.”
“After speaking with my team and health professionals, I need to take some time to heal and take care of myself and my mental health, first and foremost. As soon as there are more updates I promise I will let you know love you guys,” he ended.
In order to promote his 2020 album “Wonder”, Mendes started off his world tour in Portland, Oregon, on June 27.
Shawn Mendes was set to proceed with his visit in St. Paul, Minnesota, on Saturday. The last show he delayed in Uncasville, Connecticut, was planned for July 29.
In an Instagram post posted in December, the Grammy-nominated vocalist opened up to his fans and said he was making some “hard time with social media at the moment.”
He previously expressed gratitude toward his allies for associating with his new tune, “It’ll Be Okay,” which he delivered only weeks in the wake of parting from his sweetheart of more than two years, Camila Cabello.
“I’m having a little bit of a hard time with social media at the moment, just kind of my relationship with it, but I have lots of people sending me videos and telling me what’s going on,” he began the almost two-minute clasp presented on his page.
“I see a lot of TikToks of people crying and getting emotional and stuff, and I hope that’s because there’s some truth in the song [‘It’ll Be Okay’], and there lies honestly in it,” he proceeded.
Added Mendes: “I just feel so proud of that song and I’m so grateful you guys are connecting with it, and I feel so grateful that people are being vulnerable with it and people are just having fun with it.”
The singer finished his video by saying, “I see you guys, and I see how much love you’re giving the song, and giving me, and that means the world to me, so thank you.”